Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Serious Case of Mommy Brain...

Well, it is Day 2 of being back to work (more on that later), and I just gave everyone in the office a serious laugh. I heard a text arrive on my cell phone (thanks Holly!) and thought, "hmmm, I need to put it on vibrate." A quick search yielded no phone. So, I called my phone instead and got down on my hands and knees to search under my desk. No matter where I looked, it sounded like it was so close by! Not in my purse. Not in my pumping bag. Not in my pockets. What??

After about 4 calls to my phone, I went on the other side of the cubicle wall to see if it had somehow scooted under to the other side (completely unlikely). Our office manager saw me and asked what was wrong:

Me: I can't find my phone!
OM: What? How can you tell it's ringing?
Me: I keep calling it, and I can here it, but I can't find it.
OM: (Comes to my desk) Oh!! I thought you meant your OFFICE phone! I mean, there have been a lot of moves and I thought maybe it had gone missing.
Me: (Laughs) Hah! No, my cell phone. (Puts hand on belly by accident). Oh, wait...oh no, this is so embarrassing!
OM: What?
Me: I stuck it in my waistband this morning because it falls out of these pants pockets easily. Ok wow. Nevermind.

This was all made doubly embarrassing by the fact that I was able to stick it in my pants waistband so easily because I am STILL WEARING MATERNITY PANTS for my black dress pants. Hah. :)

No comments: