Friday, May 16, 2008

15 Weeks!

The first 9 or 10 weeks seemed to drag by - mostly because we kept having to readjust our estimated due date later and later. Now I can't believe it's already been 15 weeks!

Not much to report this week - it boggles my mind (in a good way) that even though i've eaten my share of "bad" food during this pregnancy, I've only gained like 1 lb. (Mostly put on during a stress-induced ice cream binge last week). I'm still 8 lbs lighter than I was when we started our post-holiday crazy diet in January. Some people don't gain a lot, though - maybe i'll be one of the lucky ones :) My body is definitely "shifting", i guess, but still. I can deal with that because it's out of my control!

We're headed for a week vacation (yay!) to St. George Island tomorrow and are super excited. We've heard such great things about it from friends and are really looking forward to a relaxing week on the beach. Some friends are coming down Memorial Day weekend to stay with us, so we'll have a full house! That will be great. We haven't been to the beach together since right after we got engaged, so it will be fun to get back. Plus, we can take the dogs, and I can't wait to see how they react to all the sand and water. I bet they have a blast! I know we can both really use the break from regular life, work, etc, and hopefully will come back rejuvenated and relaxed.

No comments: