Friday, August 22, 2008

29 Weeks...



Well, the fabled third-trimester exhaustion may be rearing its ugly head now :) I've been super tired the past few days, even though (I think) I'm sleeping pretty well, eating the same stuff, exercising, etc. Hopefully it's just a passing thing, but I'm determined not to let it slow me down too much these last few months! I'm definitely moving slower in general, though, and have taken on the pregnancy "waddle." Something about how my weight sits on my ever-widening joints just makes me waddle naturally. I think I can almost feel my hips spreading as we speak!


Unless the doctor's office forgot to call me or something, it appears that I passed my glucose tolerance test - YAY! They only call if there is a problem, apparently. It was not so bad. The drink tasted like a thick, syrupy Sunkist and I felt pretty good during the hour that we had to wait. Since I took it so late in the afternoon they wouldn't have had the results until Thursday, but they did also tell me on Wed afternoon that I'm not anemic (fairly common at this point in pregnancy), so that's great news too. Everything else looked good - I measured about 29 weeks, so right on track for "my" due date, and about a week ahead of the official doctor due date. Since the ultrasound measured her a week ahead too, that makes a lot of sense. I'm predicting that she will come on Election Day!


We're taking the day-long prepared childbirth class tomorrow, so a little information overload I'm sure, but it will be nice to go ahead and get it out of the way. I'm especially interested to see the actual L&D area, nursery, etc, and hear about how all that works. The natural childbirth class will be Tuesday night, so it's "school time" for the Shepherds this week!


2 comments:

Kaki & Johnny said...

It was good to see you yesterday! Let me know when we can do lunch :) Sept 16-19 are really good, but I can do pretty much anything until sept 22!

Sawed-Off Sportsman said...

Hi emily test 2)