Friday, June 6, 2008

Dream a Little Dream

One of my strangest pregnancy symptoms lately has been very vivid, intense dreams that I often remember the next day (or several days later). In the past couple of weeks, I have dreamed that a) I was one of the LOST survivors, got captured by the Others, and had to eat bugs for nutrition, b) we found out the sex of the baby by giving birth at 20 weeks, examining the baby, then stuffing it back in (lol, what?!), c) I gave birth to a baby that more resembled a cat than anything, and d) got shot in the neck. I've also been having trouble sleeping through the 2nd half of the night, probably as a result of the mental trauma I'm enduring during REM!

During my waking hours, I've become obsessed with baby furniture and daycare. While the furniture issue is a pretty straight-forward thing, daycare is apparently a competitive sport in Birmingham. For instance, when we got on the waiting list for Covenant's Mother's Day Out (which we likely won't use due to it being 3 days a week, 5 hours a day, and only during the school year), the lady told me to go ahead and get on the list for 2-year-old preschool. WHAT? Luckily, a co-worker who had her baby last Nov gave me a list of pretty much every daycare in the metropolitan area, which will be a great help when I take up the proverbial sword again next week and get serious about getting on these lists.

In other news, we're at 18 weeks today - one month into the 2nd trimester and nearly halfway through the pregnancy. Time is FLYING! Though I mentioned last week how many people said I didn't look pregant, one of those same people (Dad) said I was showing on Wed night, and when I picked up Brent's suit from the drycleaners, the lady asked me "when that baby was due." I thought I almost didn't hear her right because I'd never been asked that by a stranger, and flashes of that scene with Hugh Grant from "Two Weeks Notice" must have been flashing through her head. It was awesome and yet disconcerting all at the same time.

No comments: