Monday, June 9, 2008

Water Water Everywhere...

And I'm still thirsty! I've been drinking somewhere between 64 and 96 oz of water everyday, and you'd think I was in the Sahara desert. Luckily the constant thirst means that I don't miss not being able to have alcohol as much because that sure as heck doesn't help, but still. It's amazing. I think it has something to do with the increased blood flow, and it being really really really HOT now. But it is a strange feeling, as pre-pregnancy I would drink that much and feel like I was drowning! (And let's face it, just 6 months ago I was the Diet Coke queen and water rarely passed my lips.) I did get sick of plain water today and broke down and mixed a vitamin water in for a little flavor. Mmmmmm!

Interestingly, I also signed up for something called BabyYourself through BlueCross/BlueShield - I wasn't sure what exactly it was but figured hey, free insurance perks! Turns out you get like a gift every trimester (so gifts 1 and 2 are being UPS-ed to our door as we speak), free books, and a dedicated nurse that you can call and ask questions. I find it kind of sad that this nurse was far more helpful and talkative than either my OB or her nurse, but that was also encouraging. I like having another person we can call if we have a question, especially since she doesn't seem to be in the hurry that my OB office is all the time (not to mention she called to finish signing me up within a couple of hours - usually takes at least 3x that long to hear back from my doctor's nurse about something). And she made a point to call me by my name - I know it could be a gimmick to make it feel more personal, but you know what, it worked. My OB nurse surely never does that! (this was not really intended to be a gripe, more of a yay, our insurance rocks :) -- thanks SPC!)

No comments: