Friday, June 13, 2008

On the Move!

I started feeling little twinges a couple of weeks ago that made me think "hmmm, maybe that's the baby...but I'm not sure," but I'm pretty darn sure now that the Nublet is doing somersaults in there. Not so much kicks, more like little taps or squirming - yes, I know that sounds weird. Can't wait till Brent can feel them too!

Nublet was particularly active last night during the NBA Finals when the Lakers were still steamrolling the Celtics - could have been because it loves chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (which I was eating at the time), or maybe we have a future Lakers fan on our hands. Or else Nublet loves the sound of daddy's voice yelling "Starrrrr Baby!," as we are both known to do several times a day. Which makes me wonder - will we end up calling Nublet "Baby Baby"? In any case, this little one seems to still be as active as we saw on the ultrasound at 11 weeks, and loves to swim from one side of my tummy to the other, and back again.

Anyway, today brings us to 19 weeks. Crazy! Almost halfway through the pregnancy - feels like just yesterday we found out we were expecting.

4 comments:

Stephanie Drake said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe you're at 19 weeks already! When do we get to see more belly pics?! ;)

Katen said...

I found Nublet a present today :) So exciting that you can feel him/her moving!!! Hope you're feeling good--have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

So cool! I'm with Steph... more belly pics, please! And I will now be on the lookout for a baby-sized Lakers jersey :)

Emily Shepherd said...

awww thanks guys, you're so sweet :) as for more belly pics - um, when i remember to take them? i had grand plans of taking them every week but that has not happened. maybe this fri, to mark the halfway point.