Friday, September 5, 2008

31 Weeks...


Wow, a lot has changed in the past week! Suddenly I am more tired, more hormonal (at times), cannot eat very much before getting full, and also get breathless very easily (mostly because Nublette has pretty much grown up into my ribs!). But nothing to complain about - I consider these things more practice for thinking positively. I can either choose to focus on being uncomfortable, or I can be thankful for the reason that I am uncomfortable. More and more I am learning how to choose the latter - and it makes it a lot easier to deal with :).

Not much to report on Nublette herself, though I seriously feel like she doubled in size this past week and she's on a "schedule," it seems - she'll kick a little throughout the day (mostly after I eat), but sometimes acts like a Mexican jumping bean when I'm lying down to go to sleep, or after I wake up. Not sure if she's excited and dancing, or pissed off and saying "mommy please sit up!". I like to think she's dancing :)

We have also had a really good week! Football kicked off, and we ate absolutely ridiculous amounts of delicious food with some friends on Saturday - actually I really did not eat all that much, it just FELT like I did, and when we were going to bed Brent found me kneeling on the bed in a rather unusual position because it helped my stomach feel so much better. He laughed but I just said, "I can see why this is supposed to help in labor!" We've also had some great talks and fun times - it is neat to see how God has grown our relationship so much throughout this pregnancy's ups and downs as well. We talk a lot about the value of short engagements, but I'm sure God knew what he was doing when he gave us 9 months to adjust to bringing a new life into the world!

My co-workers also threw us a laidback shower last night, which was so much fun, and very sweet of them to do. I am so blessed to get to spend my work days with them!

Just 9 more weeks to go!

No comments: