Friday, July 18, 2008

24 Weeks!

I know I say it all the time, but it truly is hard to believe how fast time is flying. Today finds us at the end of 24 weeks...which if you count 4-week months (some books do), puts us at the end of 6 months (but that's assuming an actually 10-month pregnancy :) ). We're also three weeks from the start of the 3rd trimester - yikes!

I've definitely noticed some changes since the last time I posted an update. Little Nublette is getting too big for her britches already and seems to have major growth spurts overnight. (I'm hoping to post some pics from 21 and 24 weeks soon!) She sometimes kicks hard enough to make my whole belly move, though she still hasn't kicked hard enough for her Daddy to feel -- hopefully soon! From what I read it sounds like it's pretty typical not to be able to feel them from the outside until about 28 weeks. So we still have a few more to go. These next four weeks are supposed to another huge growth spurt for Nublette (after that it slows down a little, I think), so we'll see what happens!

Also, in the last week I've noticed it's starting to get harder to change positions (like getting up from sitting, rolling over in bed, etc). Just takes a lot more effort, and even a little grunting from time to time :) I'm definitely feeling the hot Alabama summer too. I've started gravitating towards "cold" foods (popsicles, cream pie, chicken salad, sushi, cold leftover mashed potatoes, etc) because sometimes when I eat something steaming hot, I feel like I'm going to overheat! I'm just thankful that I'm not eight or nine months pregnant right now. And I'm praying for a colder-than-normal fall this year.

Week 25, here we come! Oh, and we have a doc appointment on Wednesday. We'll get to meet another one of the doctors in the practice, but other than that, I don't think there's much to it.

No comments: