Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well, She Won't Be Wandering the Streets...

At long last, we have actually SECURED A SPOT AT A DAYCARE! Whoo hoo! We'd settled on this particular one about a month ago, but when I went to enroll Nublette, she said that there were no official openings for babies coming in February, but to check back in a month in case she's able to make it work. I called today and she said that she would hold one of the Nov '07 babies' spots until we needed it! I had gotten the vibe from her back in June that everything would probably work out, and haven't really been worried about it, but it's sooooo nice to know that's taken care for sure. The daycare is one of what I've started referring to as a "public schools of daycare". In other words, they don't teach Mandarin Chinese to two-year-olds or have detailed weekly lesson plans for infants. (Ok, so the Chinese is a bit of an exaggeration, but there are definitely several daycares in the area that brag about their intensive lesson plans and goals and whatnot. I'm thinking "THEY'RE BABIES, for heaven's sake!") It is only about 5 min from work and already on my commute, which is a huge help. The facilities seem clean and bright, and I feel good about the director. She seems like a straight-shooter, which I've come to prefer over the "admissions office" type feel of some of the "private school" daycares I visited. So thank goodness for that!

Also looked at a dresser from Craigslist that I thought would be great, but it was poorly made and we decided to pass on it. The search continues :) Once we find one, we should be done with the major nursery furniture.

No comments: