Friday, July 25, 2008

25 Weeks...

Not much to report this week! We went to the doctor on Wednesday and everything looked good. It's amazing how easily she found the heartbeat this time. The last time they listened was at 17 weeks and it took her awhile to get a lock on it, but Baby Nublette's heartbeat is now quite strong, and she's getting bigger! My weekly newsletter update says that she should be about 9 inches long and 1.5 lbs (though she may be even bigger than that since they guessed at the ultrasound at almost 21 weeks that she was about 1 lb already).

I'm trying to get back on track with eating well, walking, and yoga as well - not that I've been eating horribly or anything, I've just probably had a few too many sweets here and there without really noticing it. Actually tracking what I eat is such a great psychological tool for me, and I want to get back in the habit this last half of the pregnancy so that I'll have some good habits reestablished by the time the baby's here. Tracking also lets me splurge here and there without feeling guilty about it or overdoing it. The pounds have been coming on pretty quickly lately, which I know is a) normal and b) partly water weight, but still, it's a little TOO quickly -- unless my body's making up for the first trimester! :)

Getting back into walking and yoga has helped my energy level a lot, I know. I walked pretty steadily during the first trimester because I was in a walking competition at work, and then fell off for a month or two -- and my energy levels definitely plummeted, to where I would have a hard time staying awake past 9 or so. But ever since I started taking my twice-daily walks at work again, I've felt a lot better and have so much more energy. I've also realized that if I play my cards right, I can squeeze in a 15-minute prenatal yoga routine before work, so I'm hoping to keep that up on weekdays. It's not a full blown workout, but I've come to realize that just doing what I can is plenty right now. And as FLYLady says, you can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes! :) In any case, it should help a lot with flexibility, balance, and strength. I will say, though, that doing this routine at 25 weeks pregnant is a LOT different than doing it at 12 weeks!

We've got a busy few months ahead, but I'm looking forward to them! In just a month we'll be going to childbirth classes - hard to believe!

No comments: