Friday, October 3, 2008

35 Weeks...


Once again, here we are :) Just 5 weeks until Nublette's due date. I am still feeling good - better, even, than I was last week. I have more energy and have been sleeping well again (there were a few days there when I did not sleep well at ALL). I just started being more consistent with taking iron supplements though, which I think has helped a great deal. I was, in fact, slightly anemic when they checked about 6 weeks ago...I guess it was still a little higher than most preggo women's, which is why they initially told me my iron "looked good." May also explain why I was so into red meat the past couple of weeks!

I do think I have started having (or have started noticing) Braxton-Hicks contractions. They are hard to explain, though, and whatever I'm feeling isn't really what I thought they'd be like. Just means my body's gearing up for the big day...which hopefully will come after Jake and Holly's wedding, and the PE test! Nublette, just stay in there until Oct. 25th!

We did go to our last baby class (except for a one night one that I'll go to on breastfeeding next week) on Tuesday night. It covered what happens in the hospital after the baby is born, recovery once you go home, some infant care, etc. We practiced swaddling too, and Brent kept the back-up teacher (I think? random woman who came in towards the end) laughing throughout the practice time. He is so great!

Also had a checkup on Wedneday - Nublette is measuring at 36 weeks, which was slightly higher than the doctor's age of 34 weeks, but still within the normal range. My blood pressure was great, heartbeat was great. We'll go back in two weeks to see if anything is "stirring" before we head off to the wedding. If not, I can go, if so...plan B :)

2 comments:

full chroma said...

The photo shoot turned out GREAT! Can't wait to hear about the couples baby shower. Hope it was a fun weekend!

Emily Shepherd said...

thanks Jess! we were happy with it :)