Saturday, October 11, 2008

36 Weeks!


At 36 weeks...

Just 3 weeks ago, at 33 weeks...

Just four weeks left to go now! It's been a busy week of getting ready for baby. As I said a few days ago, I made a lunch run to Babies 'R Us and picked up some of the major things we'd want to have on hand when the baby comes. We're still in the process of unpacking and organizing everything, but getting closer every day. I've got a load of baby clothes and sheets in the wash as we speak! (And can I just say, I don't really buy into the Dreft baby detergent mania and will eventually just buy fragrance free regular detergent, but we did receive a bottle of it from one of Brent's coworkers, and I have to admit that it smells great!)

I worked like a busy bee at work "getting my affairs in order". I've got almost everything done that I wanted to have done before I left, and joked with my boss that of course now she'll be late, and I'll spend the last two weeks just going through the mounds of magazines that have piled up over the past few months. (We have a group subscription to other titles like Gourmet, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart Living, etc, so we can see what other magazines are covering at similar times of the year. While it may sound appealing to sit back and go through like 8 magazines a month - and get paid for it - it is something that always gets put on my backburner!)

Nublette continues to grow like crazy, as you can see from the pictures above, but supposedly she'll start to slow down now. I've been trying to figure out how she's positioned and what she's doing in there, but often that's easier said than done. My best guess is that she's head down and at a diagonal of sorts, with her feet up near my right ribs.

I'm still feeling good, though started to have some swelling in my legs and ankles this week, mostly from sitting down so long. I count myself pretty lucky to have made it this far without any swelling, so that's certainly no big deal (plus, I can chalk up some of the recent weight gain to water :). Oh! And I had a true, out-of-character, bona fide craving this week. One day at lunch I reaaaaallly wanted a fried chicken sandwich and fries from our office cafeteria...mostly the fries. But they'd changed the type of fries and they really weren't very good. Plus, there were no chicken sandwiches left, just hamburgers. I reluctantly ate both but still hadn't satisfied my craving, so I actually went to the vending machine and bought some chips. CHIPS. I don't think I have ever in my LIFE sought out chips! (I'll eat them if they're around, but I've always been a sweet tooth girl.) They sure hit the spot on Thursday, though! That was pretty funny to me.

No comments: